Simple Veggie Curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Plus time to pre cook the potatoes
- Serves 2
- 1 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- 1 Garlic Clove (peeled & chopped)
- 2cm Root Ginger (peeled & grated)
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- 1/2tbsp Dried Chilli Flakes
- 300g Boiled Potatoes (quatered)
- 400g Tinned Chopped Tomatoes
- 400g Tinned Chickpeas
- 100g Baby Spinach Leaves
- 150ml Water
- Salt & Pepper
- STEP 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan and gently cook the onion, garlic and ginger until softened but not coloured.
- STEP 2Stir in the garam masala and flaked chilli and continue to cook for 2 minutes before adding the potatoes, chickpeas, tomatoes and water.
- STEP 3Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- STEP 4Stir in the spinach until it has wilted and season to taste.
- STEP 5Good with raita and naan bread.