Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Bajan Macaroni Pie
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
A Barbadian twist on a British favourite
- 500grms Macaroni
- Bajan green seasoning to taste (a couple of tablespoons)
- Bajan Hot Pepper Sauce to taste (a dessertspoon for starters)
- 3ozs Butter
- 4 tablespoons Flour
- 400grms Cheese Medium mature (grated)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- STEP 1Make up the pasta, according to the pack instructions - drain well and divide between 2 medium dishes or 1 large one
- STEP 2Make a roux - melt the butter, add the green seasoning and hot pepper sauce, to taste. Add the flour and stir well. Gradually add the milk, stirring well between additions. When it has the consistency of really thick cream, stir in half of the cheese. Add enough milk to a double cream consistency. Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.
- STEP 3Mix the sauce with the pasta, don't make it too wet. It should come to the top of the pasta, that should be enough. Cover the surface with the rest of the cheese and put in a pre-heated oven 180c for approx 45 minutes