Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Honey dipping sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 1 to 24 hrs marinating time
- Serves 4
Simple but delicious sauce, easy to tinker with and adjust to taste, fantastic accompaniment to Indian, Thai and Chinese snacks.
- 200g caster sugar
- 5 tbsp clear honey
- 160ml rice vinegar
- 1 chopped red chilli
- 4 cloves of chopped or crushed garlic
- STEP 1In a heavy based pan dissolve the sugar in the vinegar over a low heat until it is clear and there is no trace of sugar grains.
- STEP 2Add the honey, chopped chilli and garlic and heat gently for about 20 mins.
- STEP 3Turn off the heat, cover, and leave for the chilli and garlic flavours to be absorbed. The sauce can be left for as long as you like, up to 24 hrs or so, the longer you leave it the more chilli and garlic flavour you get, don't stress about it you really can't get it wrong!
- STEP 4Reheat the mixture (to get it runny again) season to taste and pass through a fine sieve, discard the chilli and garlic and serve the sauce just warm in a dipping dish. It should be a lovely golden orange colour.
- STEP 5Serve with anything crispy and golden for dipping!
- STEP 6Personally I serve it with everything.