Salmon Rainbow Pasta Salad - for Beginners
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
This recipe is an exotic blend of fresh, tasty ingredients which create a large and healthy salad!
- 30g precooked salmon flakes (I used honey-glazed)
- 50g pasta
- 3 large lettuce leaves
- A large chunk of cucumber
- 1/4 of a red pepper
- 1/4 of a yellow pepper
- 1 large carrot
- 5 tbsp of pomegranate seeds
- 1 small mango
- 4 tbsp blueberries
- Pepper (to season)
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to roughly 180C / Gas Mark 4 and place a half full pan of water on the hob. Bring to the boil, then, when it starts to simmer, add the pasta. Cook for about 10-12 mins. Put the pasta aside to cool.
- STEP 2Wash the lettuce leaves in a colander, then shred thinly with a knife. Peel the carrot, then grate thickly. Wash the cucumber, then slice into quarters lengthways. Keeping the quarters together, slice the cucumber diagonally to create little triangles.
- STEP 3Remove the stone from the mango, and cut the flesh into medium cubes. Remove any seeds from the pepper, then slice vertically and horizontally into small squares. (If the salmon is in large chunks, you can chop it into smaller pieces.)
- STEP 4Once the pasta is cool, layer everything you just prepared in a jar (you could do this in rainbow order), then sprinkle the pomegranate seeds and blueberries on top. Add lots of pepper to season.
- STEP 5And now… Eat it!!!