Leek & Potato Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 4
A lovely soup that is made out of leek & potato.
- * 4 medium - large leeks
- * 6 medium potatoes
- * 1 litre vegetable stock
- * 2 tablespoons olive oil
- * salt & pepper to taste
- * 4 tablespoons double cream or 100ml milk (optional
- STEP 1Chop the top off the leek and trim the roots. Chop the leek in half lengthways and wash under running water, fanning out the layers, to make sure all grit and mud has gone.
- STEP 2Wash the potatoes (peel if the skins look bad) and chop into eighths.
- STEP 3Chop the leek roughly. Heat the olive oil in a soup pan and add the leeks and potatoes. Stir to coat with oil. Then cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally to stop browning.
- STEP 4Add the stock and stir well. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, until the potatoes are soft.
- STEP 5Remove from the heat and liquidise. For a bit of variety, you can leave this soup whole, if you prefer.
- STEP 6Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir in the cream / milk just before serving.
- STEP 7Serve hot.