Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Thin Base Pizza Dough
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Makes 3 12 inch thin Pizzas
An easy basic pizza dough which makes great thin based pizzas.
- 175g plain flour
- 200g strong white bread flour
- 1tsp sugar
- 1tsp easy yeast
- 1tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 225ml very warm water
- STEP 1Combine both flours together.
- STEP 2Put 225g of combined flours in a large mixing bowl and keep the remaining aside.
- STEP 3Stir in the sugar, yeast and salt.
- STEP 4Combine the oil and water.
- STEP 5Make a well in the combined mix and slowly add the combined water and oil whilst stirring with a wooden spoon.
- STEP 6Mix in remaining flour until it comes together as a ball and is smooth and elastic.
- STEP 7Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5-10 mins until smooth.
- STEP 8Place dough in lightly oiled bowl and cover with a paper towel.
- STEP 9Set aside in warm spot for 1 1/2 to 3 hours until almost doubled in volume diveded into 3 and shape into very thin circular shape about 12ins diameter