Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Slow Cooker Chicken Paprika
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 3
A tasty and warming dish, simple to prepare and delicious to eat.
- 1.5 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- 1 small brown onion chopped.
- 50 grams of diced chorizo.
- 1 medium red pepper chopped.
- 2 garlic gloves chopped.
- 3 heaped teaspoons of sweet paprika.
- 2 tablespoons of plain flour.
- 400 gram can of chopped tomatoes.
- 210 gram can of butter beans.
- 210 gram can of chick peas.
- 400 milliliters of chicken stock.
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream.
- 400 grams of tagliatelle.
- STEP 1Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a large, deep non-stick frying pan. Cook the chicken until browned all over and transfer to slow cooker.
- STEP 2Heat the remaining oil in the same pan and add the chorizo and chopped onion. Cook for 5 minutes or until the onion has softened. Add the red pepper and cook whilst stirring for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and paprika and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute whilst stirring until coated all over. Add the chopped tomato and chicken stock, stirring until well combined. Season with black pepper before transferring to slow cooker.
- STEP 3Cover the slow cooker with lid and cook on low setting for 3 hours.
- STEP 4After the 3 hours increase the slow cooker heat to high.
- STEP 5Add the butter beans and chick peas and cook for a further 15 minutes. Stir in the sour cream and stand for 5 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
- STEP 6Serve on a bed of fresh tagliatelle.