Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
sarahs fishy cakes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 6
a luxury fish cake using cod and haddock with cheese
- 8 large potatoes (ideally ones that are easily mashed). (you could also use sweet potatoe)
- 2 large fillets of cod.
- 1 large fillet of haddock - smoked.
- either use fresh or frozen fish.
- 1/2 lemon juiced.
- 1 large table spoon of tartare sauce.
- 1 large tabel spoon of tomatoe ketchup.
- a pinch of salt.
- a pinch of pepper.
- 1 large mozarella ball (you could use chedder if you wished)
- STEP 1first peel your poatoes and cut them into four. In a saucepan add boiling water and add your potatoes. Bring to the boil and cook until the potatoes are nearly falling apart. Drain. To the potatoes add two spponfuls of margarine or butter, and three tablespoons of milk and palce teh lid on teh saucepan to allow the steam to melt the butter into the potatoes.
- STEP 2to a baking tray add olive oil and all your pieces of fish. and a knob of butter and a sprinkling of parsley to each fish, cover loosely in foil and part bake in the oven and gas mark 6 for around 20 mins.
- STEP 3take out the fish and break up into your mashed potatoe. add your tartare sauce and ketchup and stir. i usually add a little cheddar cheese here to add taste but this is optional. add your lemon and stir.
- STEP 4Scoop up in the palm of your hand some mixture and shape into a ball and add to a greased baking tray. poke your finger in the middle and add a ball of mozerella.
- STEP 5return to the oven on gas mark 7 for 10 - 15 mins or until chesse melted.