Pan-fried Paprika Chicken
Member recipe by sabarker
- 4 small chicken breasts, without skin or bone
- 150ml/5ÃÂ¼fl oz double cream
- For the marinade
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- To serve
- young spinach
- boiled rice, cooked
- wild rice, cooked
- 1. Lay the chicken breasts on a clean work surface. Cover with cling film and gently beat with a rolling pin or meat mallet until 1cm (0.75in) thick.
- 2. Mix the marinade ingredients on a large flat plate then lightly spread each chicken fillet with the mixture and season. Leave to marinate for a while if times allows.
- 3. Heat a large non-stick frying pan. Add a little oil and gently fry the chicken breasts for just under two minutes each side or until just done. To check for doneness take a thin slice off one side of a breast. If the flesh is white it is cooked. Take care not to overcook.
- 4. Remove any surplus oil from the pan with kitchen paper, then measure the cream into a jug and mix with the leftover paprika mixture from the plate.
- 5. Pour the paprika cream into the pan around the chicken. Allow to bubble up and reduce slightly. Serve with young spinach and a mixture of boiled rice and wild rice.