- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 4
- Â½ batch tomato sauce (500ml)
- 350â 500g spaghetti
- 1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- 500g lean minced beef
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
Milk for soaking
- Knorr Aromat Seasoning
Flour for dusting
- Olive oil
- STEP 1. Soak a slice of bread in milk. Squeeze the milk out of the bread, and add the bread to the beef mince with two cloves of crushed garlic and an egg. Season with Knorr Aromat. (For even lighter meatballs, try using half chicken and half beef as they do in Italy). Mix everything together using your hands.
- STEP 2Roll the mixture into small balls (approximately 24 from 500g of minced beef), then lightly dust each one with flour.
- STEP 3Heat some olive oil in a frying pan. Add the meatballs, browning them lightly and turning them as you go.
- STEP 4Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil for the pasta, seasoning the water with a Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot and a splash of olive oil. Add the spaghetti. Plan to cook the spaghetti a minute less than is needed as it will have its last minute of cooking time in the sauce at the end.
- STEP 5When the spaghetti has another five minutes to go, bring the tomato sauce up to temperature and add the meatballs to finish cooking them in the hot sauce. Throw in a generous amount of fresh basil just before serving.
- STEP 6Drain the pasta. Cover it with my pomodoro tomato sauce, spooning the meatballs over the top.