Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 5 hours marinating time
- Serves 2
pork and chicken in jalfrezi sauce, bbq'd and served in pita with lime
- 500 kg pork loin (boneless)
- 500 kg diced chicken (skinless)
- 200 g Jalfrezi sauce
- 1 Lime or lemon
- 2 Pita breads (large)
- 1 tsp Cayen pepper
- 1 tsp dried pepper seeds
- Salad vegitables of choice
- Cucumber and red peppers suggested
- STEP 1Take the pork loin and cut into 5 cm strips or 4 cm cubes. Remove as much fat as possible from the chicken and place in a large deep oven dish.
- STEP 2Cover the contents with water and stir in the Jalfrezi sauce, cayen pepper and pepper seeds ensuring an even mix and leave for as long as possible to marinate.
- STEP 3Preheat the oven to 150C/ gas mark 5
- STEP 4Thread the meat onto skewers pork/ chicken/ pork/ chicken etc and place skewers accross the oven dish so that any juices from the meats drip into the sauce while cooking. Place the entire dish in the top of the oven and cook until the meat is done (around 45 minutes depending on the oven/ size of the cubes)
- STEP 5Remove from the oven and place the meat on a plate or prepared surface. Place the pita breads in the oven for around 2 minutes to warm through.
- STEP 6Take the cornflour and add into the sauce a little at a time until you get a nice consistency
- STEP 7Make pockets in the pita breads and slide the meat into them from the skewers.
- STEP 8Pour some sauce onto the meat and serve with whatever salad you like.
- STEP 9Dont forget to include a few slices of lemon or lime.
- STEP 10I serve also with a cool cucumber and mint sauce