Quick and Easy Lentil Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 4 - 6 portions
A very simple recipe, only 4 ingredients and quick to make.
- Ham stock - 2 Litres (can substitute ham for chicken)
- Lentils - 200g
- Carrot - 200g
- Onion - 200g
- Tiger bread for dunking (optional)
- STEP 1Finely dice the onion and grate the carrot. If you want a chunkier soup you can take a few slices from one carrot.
- STEP 2Ensure you have the stock ready at hand. Sweat the carrot and onion for 20/30 seconds (dry fry essentially) and then add in your stock and the lentils.
- STEP 3Put the heat on high for 10 minutes, stirring frequently and skimming any froth from the top.
- STEP 4Once froth has been skimmed, place the heat to medium and remember to keep stirring frequently, leave the soup simmering away for 30 to 40 minutes or until lentils are cooked.