Tomato and Walnut Jam
Member recipe by roobarb100
ServingsServes 1 - 2 Jars
Try with with the Fig and Fennel Scones topped with a delicious soft Brie - yummo
- 900g firm ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 4 cups white sugar
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Place the tomatoes in a large bowl and cover with sugar. Place a dishcloth over the bowl and leave to stand overnight.
- The next day, transfer the contents to a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add lemon juice and zest. Reduce heat to a slow boil and cook until jam reaches setting point (105C) and cook for 30 minutes.
- Stir in walnuts and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stand for 10 minutes. Stir again and then ladle into warmed, sterilised jars. Seal.
- The jam can be eaten after 1 month and should be refrigerated once opened.