Member recipe by bakingchef15
ServingsServes 1 - 8
Buttery cinnamon scones, perfect for and lunch time snack with a nice cuppa!!
- 8oz self raising flour
- 1/2 level tsp salt
- 2oz butter
- 1oz caster sugar
- 125ml 1/4 pint milk
- 1 level tsp cinnamon
- extra milk for brushing
- Pre-heat oven to 230c. Sift flour and salt into large bowl, with cinnamon.
- Rub butter in, until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add sugar, then add milk all at once. Mix to a soft but not sticky dough with knife.
- Turn out onto floured surface or board, knead quickly until smooth.
- Roll out to any thickness you want, cut into 8 rounds. Transfer to buttered baking tray.
- Brush tops with milk and sugar if liked. Bake at 230c for 7-10 min until well risen and gold.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream and jam. :)