- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A delicate crisp pancake, made from a mixture of rice flour , coconut cream and turmeric. Here is A quick and easy recipe using Cashews, however may easily be substituted for pork or Prawns
- 110g Rice Flour
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 190ml Coconut Cream
- 1140 ml Cold Water
- 2 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 3 Spring onions , finely sliced
- ½ bunch of Coriander(cilantro) roughly chopped
- ¼ cup Toasted Cashews
- Fresh Bean sprouts
- STEP 1Combine the Rice flour, Cornflour ,Turmeric and salt together in A medium sized bowl.
- STEP 2Gently mix in the Coconut cream and the cold water,cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- STEP 3In A medium size pan , heat 1 tbsp of Vegetable oil over medium heat until just smoking.
- STEP 4Pour roughly 2 tbsp of the Rice batter into the hot pan, gently swirling to create an even layer on the bottom of the pan, turn down the heat. Once the mixture is beginning to cook add some of the following Spring Onions, Chilli, Coriander and toasted Cashews, to one half on the pan, you will have plenty filling left over for more Bánh Xèo. With a spatula gently the other half across the filling , being careful not to tear
- STEP 5Gently slide the Bánh Xèo onto a plate and garnish with some extra Chilli, Onion, Cashews , Coriander and the Bean Sprouts. if you would like more recipes like this along with some food stories please check out my new website cannwetravel.com