RASPBERRY, ORANGE AND PISTACHIO CAKE
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 12
Try this simple recipe for a delicious dessert from Weber.
- 4 large eggs
- 150g caster sugar
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 oranges, juice and zest of
- 300g plain flour
- 25g baking powder
- 200g fresh raspberries
- 1 bag pistachio nuts, shelled
- STEP 1Set up the barbecue for in-direct cooking at a medium temperature.
- STEP 2Lightly butter a large drip tray and line with greaseproof paper.
- STEP 3Put the eggs, caster sugar, vegetable oil, orange juice and zest in a bowl and mix until you have a smooth liquid.
- STEP 4Sieve in the plain flour and baking powder in thirds (You may find a whisk helps to incorporate everything completely).
- STEP 5Lightly fold the fresh raspberries through the cake mixture and pour into the prepared drip tray. Sprinkle pistachio nuts over the top.
- STEP 6Place the second drip pan upside down on your barbecue over the area of in-direct heat, use this to elevate your cake off the grill.
- STEP 7Bake for 30 minutes or until you are able to insert a small skewer into the centre of the cake and it comes out clean