- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 250g spaghetti
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 rashers of streaky bacon, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 142ml carton single cream
- 25g parmesan, finely grated
- STEP 1Boil a large pan of water and cook the pasta following the packet instructions. Meanwhile, heat a knob of butter in a small frying pan and cook the shallot, garlic and bacon for 5–7 minutes until golden. Beat together the eggs, cream, most of the Parmesan and plenty of ground black pepper.
- STEP 2Drain the spaghetti and return to the pan, off the heat. Add the shallot and egg mixtures and toss together until the pasta is evenly coated. Divide between two bowls then scatter the rest of the Parmesan over, with a grinding of black pepper to serve.