- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Plus around 30 minutes prep time
- More effort
- Serves 4
Italian veal dish - Perfect for a fancy dinner party.
- 3 large eggs
- 50g grated Parmesan cheese
- 250g spinach or mixed leaves
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- 2 large cuts of veal escalope
- 6 slices Parma or cured ham
- STEP 1Mix the eggs and Parmesan into a mixing bowl, beat and add your choice of seasoning.
- STEP 2Lightly steam cook the spinach or mixed leaves in a frying pan until soft, then add the egg and cheese mix into the frying pan to create a light textured omelette, being careful not overcook.
- STEP 3Slice the red pepper into large long slices and lightly griddle to soften.
- STEP 4Lay the veal escalope flat out onto your board and cover with the Parma ham layers. Add the spinach omelette mix on top of the Parma ham to create another layer.
- STEP 5Finally add the red peppers to form another layer, roll the veal into a Swiss roll and then tie the veal using cocktail sticks or for a larger roll use string.
- STEP 6Use egg or batter mix on the outside and then coat the veal with the breadcrumbs. Oven bake uncovered on a lightly oiled baking tray for 35-45 minutes at 200@C/Gas 6 until golden brown and thoroughly cooked. Remove the cocktail sticks before serving.