Simple Yummy Chocolate Cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
Rich moist chocolate cake, that's easy to make, and delicious to eat!
- 225g/8oz plain flour
- 350g/12½oz caster sugar
- 85g/3oz cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 free-range eggs
- 250ml/9fl oz milk
- 125ml/4½fl oz vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 250ml/9fl oz boiling water
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- STEP 2Grease and line a 20cm/8in tin.
- STEP 3Place all of the cake ingredients, except the boiling water, into a large mixing bow and beat the mixture until smooth and well combined.
- STEP 4Add the boiling water to the mixture, a little at a time, until smooth. (The cake mixture will now be very liquid.)
- STEP 5Pour the liquid into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 45 minutes, or until the top is firm to the touch and a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- STEP 6Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool completely, still in the tin, before turning out.
- STEP 7Decorate as desired.