Cheese And Potato Pie
Member recipe by pupsiecola
A very versatile family meal using mashed potato, cheese, sweetcorn and peas.
- 1kg potatos, cooked and mashed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 125g sweetcorn (canned or frozen and defrosted)
- 125g frozen peas, defrosted
- 175g cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 rashers bacon, chopped
- Preheat oven to Gas 5/190 C/Fan 170 C. Put the mashed potato in a bowl, mix in onion and season.
- Stir in the sweetcorn, peas and half the cheese. Place the mixture in a large ovenproof dish.
- Scatter the bacon (optional) and remaining cheese on top and cook in the oven for 40 minutes.
- If cooking from frozen increase cooking time to 60 minutes.
- Serve with sausages, beans, carrots, cauliflower, salad - take your pick!! Also try the pie with tuna or chopped ham, tomatoes and chives.
- PICTURE TO FOLLOW