Member recipe by philw102
- 100g butter
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs Ã¢ÂÂ separated
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 75 mls milk
- 100g plain flour
- 50g cornflour
- 2 level tsp baking powder
- ÃÂ½ level tsp cinnamon
- Grease and line two 7inch sandwich tins.
- Cream butter and sugar together, add egg yolks, syrup, vanilla and milk and beat well
- Sieve dry ingredients together and stir into creamed mixture.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff and fold in.
- Turn into prepared tins and bake at 190 C (gas 5) For 20-25 mins.
- When cool sandwich together with butter icing and sprinkle icing sugar on top.