Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Plum Almond Elderflower Tart
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Preparation time: 20 minutes, cooking time: 25 minutes
- Serves 6
This Plum, Almond and Elderflower Tart is really easy to make and is perfect for impressing friends and family. And the best part is that it only takes 20 minutes to prepare!
- - 50g Amaretti biscuits, crushed
- - 50g plain flour
- - 50g wholemeal flour
- - 50g light Muscavado sugar
- - 50g unsalted butter,
- Extra butter for greasing.
- - 50g unsalted butter
- - 50g caster sugar
- - 1 medium egg
- - 75g ground almonds
- - 3 tbsp Bottlegreen Elderflower Cordial
- - 6 plums (approximately 400g)
- - 1 rounded tbsp apricot jam or marmalade
- - 1 tbsp Bottlegreen Elderflower Cordial
- STEP 1Heat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Grease the inside of a 23cm loose-bottomed flan tin with soft butter.
- STEP 2For the base, mix together the crushed biscuits, the plain flour and sugar in a bowl. Melt the butter, add it to the dry ingredients, and mix well. Turn mixture into the flan tin, press evenly into the base and slightly up the sides.
- STEP 3For the almond cream, put the butter, sugar, egg, almonds and cordial into a food processor and blitz into a thick paste. Spread the paste over the biscuit base.
- STEP 4Halve and quarter the plums, discard the stones, and then arrange them over the paste. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
- STEP 5Meanwhile, warm the jam or marmalade and cordial in a small pan until melted. Press through a sieve and then once the tart is cooked, brush the glaze over the top. Serve warm or cold.