Member recipe by phillipa1
ServingsServes 1 - 20 Pasties
Nothing could be simpler than these tasty mincemeat pinwheels, ideal for entertaining and perfect for unexpected guests. A made up, uncooked roll will keep for several days in the fridge, simply slice and cook as you need them.
- 1 x 375g Jus Rol puff pastry sheet
- 1 x 400g jar good quality mincemeat
- 2 tbsps bottlegreen cox's apple and plum cordial
- Icing sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 220c (200c for fan assisted ovens) gas mark 7.
- Unroll the pastry sheet. Mix the mincemeat and bottlegreen cox's apple and plum cordial together, spread evenly over the pastry.
- Roll up from the longest side like a swiss roll. If time, chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Cut into 1 1/2 cm slices and place on a lightly greased or lined baking tray. Cook for approximately 7-10 minutes until golden and risen. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with a little icing sugar. These are best served warm.
- Cook's tip: Add a little grated apple to the mincemeat.