- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Makes Pancakes
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3 egg whites, beaten until fluffly but not dry
- 1 cup blueberries, if desired
- STEP 1Sift dry ingredients into large bowl; set aside.
- STEP 2Beat together wet ingredients.
- STEP 3Gently stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- STEP 4Beat egg whites until fluffy but not dry; fold gently into batter. Add 1 cup blueberries if desired.
- STEP 5Spoon large ladlefulls onto hot, buttered skillet. Turn pancake over once top is slightely dry and most bubbles have popped. Serve hot with fresh fruit and yogurt, or maple syrup.