Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Fresh Homemade Tiramisu
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 5 hours cooling time
- Makes Portions
Relaxing, Comfortable, Memorable Italian Dessert
16 oz Mascarpone Cheese (a sweet cheese used for many desserts)
- 16 oz Mascarpone Cheese (a sweet cheese used for many desserts)
4 T Espresso (extra left over for dipping the lady fingers)
- 2 T Marsala
- 1 t Vanilla Extract
- 6 Egg Whites
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Pinch of sugar
- 2 packs of lady fingers
- Fresh Chocolate
- STEP 1Seperate the egg yolks and egg whites by cracking the egg in half and sliding the egg yolk back and forth to seperate the egg whites in one mixing bowl and the yolks in a different mixing bowl. Then mix the egg yolks with a whisk for 3 minutes adding sugar, mascarpone cheese, espresso, Marsala. Set that mixture to the side.
- STEP 2Whip your egg whites while adding 1 pinch of sugar intill you get stiff white peaks (take your whisk and swirl the egg whites in a circle and if it makes peaks then your done whisking).
- STEP 3Take your egg whites and fold into your egg yolk mixture into its all incorporated, make sure you Fold the egg whites in because if you don't then it will make your egg yolk mixture liquidity and not stiff.
- STEP 4After your mixture is complete take your chocolate and zest it on a cold plate so your chocolate does not melt. Take your lady fingers and dip them on each side for 2 secs each and then layer them on a deep dish pan, then add your mixture intill it covers all over your lady fingers, after that you finally dust your chocolate over your mixture
- STEP 5Repeat intill you have 2-3 layers