Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Tasty Tomato Casserole
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
Steak Casserole in a Tasty Tomato sauce. Serve with boiled Rice.
- 1 Large Onion(Sliced)
- 450 grams Steak (diced)
- 2 Tbs Oil
- 200 grams Tomato Ketchup
- Beef Stock Cube
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Rice of Choice
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 170C/fan 150C/gas 5
- STEP 2Heat the oil and brown the steak.
- STEP 3Remove and set aside in a casserole dish.
- STEP 4Add the onion to the pan and soften.
- STEP 5Add to the steak.
- STEP 6Make a roue with the flour, incorporating the ketchup.
- STEP 7Pour over steak and onions.
- STEP 8Sprinkle stock cube and seasoning, add hot water to cover ingredients, stir then place in heated oven for at least 1hour
- STEP 9Add a little corn flour if the sauce needs thickening.
- STEP 10Boil the rice and serve.