orange chocolate cookies
Member recipe by padwan88
ServingsServes 1 - 6 Cookies
soft low calorie chocolate orange cookies with a hint of spice from the cinnamon and marble effect. Great for special occasions or treat days.
- 100g dark dairy free chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbsp dairy free butter spread- Vitalite
- 1 tbsp Favourite Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3-4 tbsp plain flour
- 1 Orange, Juice and Rind
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Cream together dairy free butter, your favourite honey, and baking powder until smooth. Add Vanilla Extract and mix together.
- Gradually add the flour, tablespoon by tablespoon, until you have a smooth but thick mixture.
- Add rind and juice of the orange, cinnamon, and the chopped chocolate. Mix all ingredients together until well combined. Taste, and add more ingredients if necessary.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place dessert spoons of the mixture on to the baking sheet. Don't be tempted to flatten the cookies as they will do so in the oven. Remember to place the cookies away from each other as they will spread. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until cookies are firm, but not hard on top, though still soft in the middle.
- Leave the cookies to cool for around 10 minutes. Once cooled transfer to a wire rack.