light sweet potato Frittata
Member recipe by padwan88
A light alternative to the traditional potato frittata. Served with a fresh green salad and homemade sweet chilli mayonnaise
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into circles
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 2 red chillies, finely sliced
- 1 tsp hot chilly powder
- black pepper to taste
- 3 Eggs, separated
- Homemade sweet chilli Mayonnaise
- Fresh salad leaves
- First in a saute pan, heat 1 tsp of vegetable oil (or other oil) and add in the onion, garlic cloves and chilli. Cook until the onion becomes soft. Once soft add the curry powder and pepper.Combine all ingredients, until all onion is covered in the spices. Once covered remove from the pan and set aside.
- Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips. In the same pan place the sweet potato slices and fill the pan with just boiled water until covered. Cook on a medium heat. Once boiling reduce to a simmer. Now add the chicken breasts into the simmer water with the potatoes. Cook until the potatoes are tender but still with some bite when pricked with a sharp knife. Once the chicken is almost cooked, remove and set aside with the onions.
- Drain the water from the pan. On a low heat slowly heat the sweet potatoes evaporating any left over water. Add the onion and chicken mix back into the pan and heat through. Turn the heat off to prepare the eggs.
- In a processor, whisk up the egg white until fluffy. Add the whites into the chicken mix in the pan. Mix together, and on a low heat allow to cook for 4 minutes. After 4 minutes place into a preheated oven of 150C for 10-12minutes until firm. Remove and allow to cool slightly before turning out on to a plate.
- Serve either cold or warm with light mayonnaise and fresh salad leaves