EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL CHICKEN
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
What you eat before and after a workout is as important as the activity itself. Some foods can prepare your body for physical strain, while others help restore the body after strenuous activity.
- During intense workouts our body's antioxidant cell systems can sometimes fall out of balance. The consequence is that we reach high oxidative stress levels which can damage cells and lead to dizziness.
- The vitamin E in extra virgin olive oil contributes to the protection of cell constituents from oxidative damage.
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 part-boned chicken breasts
- 1 large onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 green peppers, seeded and in large chunks
- 300ml/1/2pt chicken stock
- 300ml/1/2pt dry white wine
- 1 tbsp chopped tarragon
- 16 green olives stuffed with anchovies
- 1 tbsp tarragon leaves, chopped
extra tarragon leaves for decoration
- extra tarragon leaves for decoration
- STEP 1Place 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a heavy bottomed shallow pan. Add chicken breasts, skin-side down and fry until browned. Turn over and brown other side. Remove from pan. Add remaining extra virgin olive oil, and cook onion and green peppers to soften slightly. Return chicken to pan.
- STEP 2Pour over chicken stock and white wine. Bring to bubbling, then turn down to simmer. Cover and cook for around 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender. Add chopped tarragon and olives. Bring back to bubbling. Sprinkle with extra tarragon leaves and serve.