Assia's Cinnamon rolls
Member recipe by assiaothman
don't have a special recipe but my mom does !!!!!!! Must admit I am not really like my mom , but for sure I'ÃÂm a savory girl :-)
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 3 tbsp soft butter
- 5 tbsp instant vanilla or banana pudding mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tbsp white sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups + 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp instant or active dry yeast
- 1/2 a cup brown sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 or 3 tbsp melted butter
- Frosting :
- cheese frosting, caramel , toffee, icing sugar ... as u like :-)
- In a large bowl , lightely beat the egg . heat the milk with butter until melting . In the same time , dissolve yeast with sugar in warm water .
- Pour the milk in the large bowl and whisk . Add the yeast and beat . Add salt , vanilla pudding ... see how it comes yellow and wonderfull :-)
- Now add the flour . Once the dry and wet ingredients are combined, turn off the machine, throw a towel over it and let the dough rest for 15 minutes before kneading. It will be quite sticky now.
- That gives you time to finely chop the walnuts
- Combine 1/2 a cup brown sugar with two tsp ground cinnamon.
- Time to knead the dough : Knead it for 10 minutes cycle. Slowly the dough started to ball up. If your still looks sticky in the last, say, 2 minutes add some flour one tbsp at a time. Let the dough rise for about an hour , punch it down and then continue with the steps !
- Transfer the dough to a floured counter or cutting board. Start rolling out. Form a rectangle. lightly brush it with melted butter.
- Sprinkle the chopped walnuts on top, followed by the cinnamon sugar. Roll it up and press the seams!
- Now slice it. I turned it into 15 rolls. You can make thicker slices as well! Transfer the slices to the battered baking tray. Give them a little room to rise, though. Place a towel over the tray and let them rise for an hour and a half. At this point you can refrigerate the dough for anywhere from 2 to 24 hours. If overnight, the next morning remove the rolls from the refrigerator, take off the plastic wrap, and let stand at room temperature for 30 minute before baking.
- Brush the top with some milk .. it will gives them a very nice color and will be crispy . Bake them in a preheated oven at 180C for 15 to 20 minutes. I like them brown and crispy so I gave them the full 20 minutes , if you want them lighter and fluffied you should probably stick to 15 mins. Drizzle the frosting on top while they are still warm.