Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
A deliciously easy way to use up overly ripe bananas.
- 2 rip bananas (peeled)
- 100g unsalted butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 150g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g chocolate chips
- STEP 11. Preheat your oven to 160C. Line a 900g (23x13x7cm) loaf tin with parchment paper. Then put your 2 ripe bananas in a small bowl and mash them with a fork until they are a lumpy liquid consistency.
- STEP 22. Cream the butter and sugar together, using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, until they are pale and well blended together. Then keep the mixer on medium speed and add the eggs one by one. Add the banana to this mixture
- STEP 33. Weigh out the flour and add the bicarbonate of soda and baking powder to the measured flour. Add this to the banana mixture, stir well until all lumps are gone. Then mix in the chocolate chips.
- STEP 4Pour the batter into the tin evenly and bake for 55 mins. When baked let it cool for about 10 minutes then take out of the tin.