Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Gnocchi with Hass Avocado Pesto
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
This simple dish is ideal for a quick lunch or supper. The pesto sauce is fresh, fragrant and fabulous – and great with pasta too!
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, halved, pitted and peeled
- A large bunch of fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 50g blanched almonds, pine nuts or walnuts
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 500g pack ready-to-cook gnocchi
- 100g baby plum or cherry tomatoes, halved
- Parmesan cheese shavings, to serve
- STEP 1Put the avocado flesh into a blender. Reserve a few basil leaves for garnish and put the rest into the blender with the garlic, nuts, lemon juice and olive oil. Blend for about 20 seconds until smooth, adding a little water if you prefer a thinner consistency.
- STEP 2Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- STEP 3Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil and cook the gnocchi according to pack instructions. Drain well, return to the saucepan and add the pesto sauce and tomatoes. Heat, stirring gently, for 1-2 minutes.
- STEP 4Share between 2 warmed plates or bowls and sprinkle with extra black pepper and the reserved basil leaves. Serve with the Parmesan shavings.