Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 6
A colourful combination of tomatoes, green pepper and courgette. Rice rounds out this one-pot meal, which is so easy and healthy - a great way to get to your five a day!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 900g (2 lb) courgette, peeled and cut into slices
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 75g (3 oz) uncooked white rice
- 150ml (5 fl oz) water
- STEP 1Heat oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add onion, and saute for 3 minutes.
- STEP 2Add tomatoes, courgette and green pepper. Stir. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- STEP 32.Stir in rice and water. Cover, and cook over low heat for 20 minutes
- STEP 4TIP: use Vegetable stock in place of water for a richer flavour