Member recipe by ashcook333
ServingsServes 1 - 16 Cookies
A great chocolate and orange cookie recipe for Halloween, which can be easily adapted to suit any occassion.
- For the cookies
- 150g Butter
- 115g Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 ½ tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 10 Chunks of Dark Chocolate
- Zest of 1 Orange
- Juice of ½ an orange (squeeze through your hand)
- 225g Self Raising Flour
- For the decoration
- Orange icing
- 8 Dark chocolate chunks
- 1 Heaped tbsp of icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C and prepare two baking trays with a sheet of baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until smooth and creamy, then add the egg and beat until fully combined.
- Prepare the chocolate chunks by chopping each chunk into 4. Then add the cocoa powder, chocolate chunks, orange zest and juice to the mixtures and mix everything together until fully combined.
- Gradually sieve in the self raising flour to make a dough of soft dropping consistancy.
- Using a tablespoon drop the cookie dough mixture onto the baking trays (makes sure each cookie is spread equally apart). Bake in the pre-heated oven for 15-18 minutes. Once cooked remove from the oven and leave to cool on the baking tray, before moving to a cooling rack.
- Once the cookies have completely cooled you can make your icing. Either buy a pre-made orange icing, or make your own by using icing sugar, water and red and yellow colouring. Spread the orange icing neatly on the cookie in an oval shape then leave to set.
- To make the facial features, melt the chocolate then add the icing sugar and stir well. Pipe the chocolate mixture onto the orange icing and once again, leave to set.