- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
This is a Lean, low carb and gluten free version of my lasagne recipe with all of the flavour!
- 200g extra lean beef mince
- 150g courgette slices
- 150g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50ml water
- 65g mozzarella
- 35ml sweet chilli sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste
- STEP 1Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F.
- STEP 2Put a frying pan onto a medium heat, add the olive oil and the beef mince.
- STEP 3Spend a few minutes browning the mince and break up any large clumps of meat.
- STEP 4When the mince is browned, add the garlic and allow this to soften for a minute or so.
- STEP 5Blend the chopped tomatoes until smooth and add them to the pan along with the dried herbs, water and sweet chilli sauce.
- STEP 6Give everything a good mix and bring this to the boil, then allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes to reduce and thicken the sauce.
- STEP 7When you're happy with the consistency of the sauce, taste it to check the seasoning and take it off the heat.
- STEP 8Take a small oven proof ceramic dish and coat the bottom with some of the sauce.
- STEP 9Add a layer of courgette and cover with more sauce.
- STEP 10Repeat this until you've used all your sauce and courgette slices.
- STEP 11Top the lasagne with all of the mozzarella for a lovely cheesy topping!
- STEP 12Bake this in the oven for 20-30 minutes to cook the courgette and to melt the mozzarella to a lovely golden brown.
- STEP 13Serve with some steamed broccoli.