Tonkatsu (arrangement for vegetarians)
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 350g of tofu(12cm×9cm)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 80g of breadcrumbs
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of pepper
- 7 tablespoons of rice oil
- STEP 1Wrap the tofu with a paper towel and put a weight on it to drain well.
- STEP 2Cut the tofu into 1.5cm.
- STEP 3Sprinkle salt and pepper on the tofu, coat it with flour and dip it in the beaten egg. Cover the meat with breadcrumbs and press lightly with hands.
- STEP 4Heat the oil(to 170-180℃), and deep-fry the tofu for 5minutes, or fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain excess oil.