- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
A really easy different take on Shepherds Pie
- 1lb Extra Lean Beef Mince
- 1 Onion
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 Carrots - chopped
- 1 Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 Tin Mixed Beans in Chili Sauce
- 1 tsp easy red chilies
- 1lb Old Potatoes - Peeled and chopped
- A little butter and milk
- 4oz strong cheddar cheese
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 200C/Fan
- STEP 2Chop the onion and carrot.
- STEP 3Heat the oil in a fry pan, add the onion and garlic and fry until translucent.
- STEP 4Add the mince and fry until brown
- STEP 5Add the carrots, tomatoes, tomato puree, mix together and bring to the boil.
- STEP 6Add the mixed Beans, turn the heat down and simmer
- STEP 7Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and add the potatoes and cook for 20-25mins or until soft.
- STEP 8Drain Potatoes. Grate Cheese.
- STEP 9Add Butter and Milk and mash them, then beat in 3/4 of the cheese until smooth.
- STEP 10Pour the mince mixture into an oven proof casserole dish. Put the lid of the casserole dish upside down on top of the dish. Put the mashed potato onto the lid and fluff-up with a fork. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and pop in the oven for approx 30-45mins.