Sweet roasted cherry tomatoes
Member recipe by mizzy999
An amazing way to intensify the flavours of a tomato glut. A pile of soft and sticky tomatoes with a concentrated tomatoey flavour and a hint of garlic and balsamic vinegar.
- 500g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced into thin slivers
- 2 tbsps balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsps Maldon salt
- Preheat oven to 170C/fan 150C/gas 5. In a roasting tin or ceramic dish, layer the halved cherry tomatoes in a single layer, cut side up.
- Slip the garlic slivers neatly into the tomato halves, amongst the tomato seeds. Make sure they are tucked well in so they cook inside the tomatoes, rather than risk overcooking outside the tomatoes. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle over the balsamic vinegar, seasoning well with the salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 45 minutes, checking to ensure they do not burn. Reduce heat if they char too quickly. They should come out soft and slightly charred on the edges.
- Either serve immediately with crusty bread to mop up the delicious garlicy juices or leave until cool and serve later. The longer they stand, the more intensified the flavour. Perfect as a starter with a green crispy salad on the side.