P.L's Mango Jam
Member recipe by nawazcook
ServingsServes 1 - 2 Jars
- 1 kg large green mangoes, peeled and sliced
- sugar (equal to weight of mango pulp)
- juice of 1 lemon
- a few drops of yellow food colouring
- 125 ml water
- Put the mango slices with the water in a pressure cooker.
- Bring to full pressure and cook for 5 minutes.
- Mash well or pass through a mincer.
- Add sugar. Return to fire and bring to a boil. Cook uncovered till it thickens, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Add the lemon juice and about 6 drops of food colouring.
- Mix well. Return to fire. Bring to a boil and cook till a set is obtained. Cool. Fill in jars and seal.