P.L's Guava Jelly
Member recipe by nawazcook
ServingsServes 1 - 2 Jars
- 1 kg ripe guavas
- 1/2 ltr water
- juice of 1 lemon
- sugar to measure ( for every 500 ml liquid, add 550 gms sugar)
- Wash, wipe and slice guavas
- Put them in a pressure cooker with water. Bring to full pressure and cook for 5 minutes.
- Strain through a jelly bag or over cloth and strain the fruit without stirring as this will make the jelly cloudy.
- Leave for several hours to strain. Add sugar and lemon juice. Return to heat and boil uncovered for some time
- Cool and pour into sterilised jars and seal.