Gherkin Pickle (Gillori Achar)
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More than 24 hours marinating time
- More effort
- Makes Jar
- 250 gms gherkins
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 35-40 red kashmiri cillies
- 10-12 garlic pods, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- handful curry leaves
- 3 tbsp oil
- STEP 1Cut each gherkin into 4 pieces. Marinate for 1 day in vinegar and salt
- STEP 2Take a little water in a pan add salt and boil the chillies in it till soft. Strain. Keep water aside.
- STEP 3Heat oil add sliced garlic and brown. Add curry leaves.
- STEP 4Strain the gherkins. Grind the mustard and boiled chillies to a fine paste. Mix the gherkins with the paste
- STEP 5Add the water to get the consistency you want.
- STEP 6Heat the oil and cool. Pour over the mixture and mix well. Store in a clean jar.