- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Plus 4 hours raising time
- More effort
- Serves 4
- 1/2 kg maida (flour)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 5-6 slices bread (sides removed)
curd for kneading
- a pinch of salt
Oil for frying
- Oil for frying
- STEP 1Sieve maida and baking powder together. Set aside
- STEP 2Soak the bread slices in water. Squeeze out the water.
- STEP 3Mix with the maida and knead together with curds into dough.
- STEP 4Cover and keep aside for 4 hours to rise.
- STEP 5Divide dough equally into small balls. Roll out into fairly thick chapatis.
- STEP 6Deep fry till light brown.