Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Tequila Lime Chicken
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 1-2 hours for marinating, but even better if left overnight to marinate.
- Serves 4
A delicious tender alternative chicken recipe for those lovely long hot summer BBQ's using everyone's favourite...Tequila
- 120 ml gold tequila
- Juice of 5-6 fresh limes
- Juice of 2 fresh oranges
- 1 tablespoon of chilli powder
- 1 diced fresh jalapeno pepper- (de-seeded)
- 3 cloves of diced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons of good salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 boneless chicken breasts, skin on
- STEP 1To make the marinade- mix all the wet ingredients together in a large bowl, then add the powdered ingredients. If you like the chicken really hot and extra chilli powder, but bare in mind that there is a jalapeno pepper going in. If you can't find the pepper a red or green chilli will also do.
- STEP 2Take the chicken a place into the marinade mixture. Then pop into the fridge and leave to marinade, preferably overnight.
- STEP 3Heat a grill with coals and brush the griddle with oil to prevent the chicken from sticking. Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade, sprinkle well with salt and pepper, and grill them skin-side down for about 5 minutes, until nicely browned. Turn the chicken and cook for another 10 minutes, until just cooked through. Remove from the grill to a plate. Allow to rest for 5 minutes. Then serve either with a peppery salad or in crustry griddled bread or a deli wrap with salsa, guacamole and sour cream. Goes really well with margaritas.