Coffee and Fudge cupcakes
Member recipe by naomi98
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Cakes
Delicious treat when you are in the mood for coffee shop style cakes :)
- For the basic cake-
- 125g of flour
- 125g white sugar
- 125g margarine
- Tea spoon of coffee dissolved in 2 tsp's of water
- 2 eggs
- cap of vanilla essence
- 100g softened butter
- (add icing sugar until perfect constancy)
- Tsp of coffee granules dissolved in water
- Mini Fudge chunks
- or Large fudge made smaller
- Well... We will begin again by pre-heating the oven to 200C and lining 12 cake cases in a tin.
- Cream the sugar and fat in a bowl with a hand mixer.
- Add all other ingredients for the main cake mixture and whisk with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Spoon into cases and cool at 200C until risen and passing the skewer test.
- Meanwhile make the icing add the butter and coffee and whisk adding icing sugar until the butter has turned into thick buttery icing.
- Put into a icing bag and rest in fridge or pipe straight onto the cooled cakes... Top with fudge and refrigerate (if they get there!)
- These can be frozen without icing and are great for family and friends!