Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Farm Fresh Potato Tortilla
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
For a healthy, fresh taste try a tempting GreenVale Farm Fresh Potato Tortilla. Packed full of flavour with mouth-watering mature cheddar cheese, sweet red onion and a spicy kick from a sprinkling of chilli flakes, this potato tortilla is perfect for slicing into portions and serving with a crunchy salad for a family supper, summer barbeque or why not enjoy cold and take a slice into work for lunch. Per Portion: 364 calories, 17.3g protein, 23.5g carbohydrate, 23g fat, 6.7g saturated fat, 2g fibre, 0.57g salt Prep: 15mins Cook: 25-30mins
- 500g GreenVale Farm Fresh potatoes, peeled
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 6 eggs
- 50g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- STEP 1Cut the potatoes into one pound coin thick slices. Cook in a pan of boiling salted water for 3 mins or until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- STEP 2Whilst the potatoes cook, heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onions and saute over a gentle heat for 8 mins, stirring until they are soft. Add the potatoes and saute the potatoes and onions for a further 5 mins or until both are golden.
- STEP 3Beat the eggs with plenty of salt and pepper. Stir the chilli into the onions and potatoes and cook for 30 seconds. Pour in the eggs and shake the pan to level the surface. Cover with a baking tray and cook over a medium heat for about 8 mins or until the underside is golden brown.
- STEP 4Now pop the pan under a hot grill and continue to cook, uncovered for about 4 minutes, until the top is golden and all the egg has set. Leave to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a plate or board. Serve in small wedges either hot, warm or cold.