Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
CYPRUS POTATO TOMATO SALAD
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
Try Warm Cyprus Potato and Tomato Salad with Feta and Oregano for a classic taste of the Mediterranean
- 4 large Cypriot potatoes, scrubbed and diced
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1ÃÂÃÂ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 400 g can of chopped tomatoes
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh oregano or flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 250g (8oz) baby spinach
- 100g (3ÃÂÃÂ½ oz) feta cheese
- STEP 1Place the potatoes in a pan and cover with salted water then bring to the boil and simmer for four minutes until tender then drain and cool.
- STEP 2Heat the olive oil in a large pan and fry the potatoes until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside
- STEP 3Fry the onions, garlic and spices until lightly golden
- STEP 4Place the potatoes back in the pan with the onions and add the tomatoes. Cook on a high heat to reduce the tomatoes slightly for about 3 minutes then add the spinach.
- STEP 5Remove from the heat straight away and gently toss the spinach so that it just wilts then add the vinegar and some of the chopped oregano or parsley.
- STEP 6Pour into a serving dish then crumble the feta cheese on top, sprinkle some olive oil, black pepper and more fresh herbs.
- STEP 7Serve with some crusty bread.