Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Carrot & Orange Salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
Counts as 2 of your 5-a-day. For more carrot recipes visit www.britishcarrots.co.uk
- 2 medium oranges
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 25g/1oz natural, roasted (unsalted) peanuts
- 1 (130g) bag rocket salad mix
- 3 tbsp reduced fat houmous
- STEP 1Use a knife to remove the skin and pith from the oranges. Then use a knife to slice between the membrane of the oranges to release the segments. Squeeze the remaining juice form the membrane into the bowl.
- STEP 2Add the houmous to the bowl and whisk together with seasoning to taste to make a dressing with drizzling consistency.
- STEP 3Place the orange segments in a serving bowl. Coarsely grate the carrots and add to the bowl with the peanuts and leaves. Drizzle over the dressing and toss well to mix. Serve immediately.