Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Makes Pieces
Quick & Easy, Basic Macaroon Recipe
- 1c Sugar
- 2 1/2c Desiccated (shredded) Coconut
- 2 egg whites
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 160c
- STEP 2Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well
- STEP 3Wet your hands, and shape into mounds or balls, spacing them about an inch apart on a baking tray
- STEP 4Bake for approx 18 minutes, or until browned on top.
- STEP 5If you want to try Chocolate Chip Macaroons, simply add about half a cup of small chocolate chips in the mix.