chocolate easter egg cheesecake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12 cheese cakes
Dive in to these succulent easter delicacies. Chocolate and cheesecake... what more is there to say?
- 6 Easter eggs cut in half (12 halves)
- 180g digestive biscuits (plain)
- 75g unsalted butter
- 500g full fat cream cheese ( philidelphia)
- 100g icing sugar
- 200mls double cream
- more chocolate for decoration
- strawberries for decoration
- STEP 1Boil the kettle and place your knife into the boiling water. This will make it easier to cut the easter eggs in half. Cut the eggs in half from the side carfully and put them on a plate.
- STEP 2Next put your biscuits in the food processor until turned into a powder. While you are doing that melt your butter on a low heat in the stove. Once melted add it to the crushed biscuits and give it another blitz.
- STEP 3One blended, put a dessert spoon full of biscuit and butter mix in the half easter egg and smooth out. This should only fill up 1/3 of the half egg.Place this in the fridge for half to 1 hour.
- STEP 4Get out 2 bowls and in 1 put your cream in, and in the other put your cream cheese and icong sugar in. With a hand whisk, whisk the cream until thick and rippled. Next whisk your icing sugar and cream cheese until combined.
- STEP 5Table spoon at a time, add your icing sugar and cream cheese mix to the cream. Once added one spoon full, fold gently so you dont loose any air.
- STEP 6When all is combined, spoon the mixture into your chilled easter eggs. Fill them as desired.
- STEP 7Once filled grab some strawberries and cit the top off them. Next slice them but not all the way to the top. This should give a cute flower effect.
- STEP 8Smash some left over chocolate and sprinkle it over the eggs. Leave to chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours. Yummy! Enjoy!