Thai mussels and prawn pot
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
This is a super quick dish to make, and an easy to way to impress at dinner. Spicy yet creamy with the coconut milk it feels like a real treat, with minimum effort.
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 red chilli
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 stick of lemongrass
- One bunch of coriander
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger
- 500g mussels
- 200g uncooked king prawns (shell on)
- Bread to serve
- STEP 1Blend half the red chilli, stalks from the coriander, garlic cloves and the piece of ginger with the coconut milk.
- STEP 2Pour the mixture into a saucepan and heat on a medium heat for five minutes with the lemongrass stalk.
- STEP 3After 5 minutes add the prawns and mussels, and turn the heat to medium high so it is at a steady boil.
- STEP 4Cover the pot and leave for four minutes – the mussel shells should be open and the prawns should be pink. Remove the lemongrass and discard.
- STEP 5Pour into your serving bowl and squeeze a lime over the mixture, along with the chopped coriander leaves and remaining chopped red chilli.
- STEP 6Serve with some sliced bread to soak up the cooking broth.